The Nexus of Writers has existed for a length period of time, albeit through Blogger. And for a while, this system has relatively worked for me. However, a few things have changed.
- I want to be able to connect better with my readers, and quite frankly, it’s hard to do that on Blogger.
- I recently created a Twitter account, and I want to use that as my writing platform in a sense. And while I cannot share Blogger posts via Twitter, I can share WordPress posts via Twitter.
- I got a job, so as annoying as WordPress can be with their ads and paid features…I’ve noticed it’s a relatively low annual cost to access those features. So now, from a practical standpoint, WordPress isn’t a disaster.
So yeah, anyhow, the Nexus of Writers is being moved here. I don’t have time right now to actually fully equip this blog for the future, so I’ll just lay out roughly what we do:
- We focus on preventing offensive content, even though that may sacrifice inclusion in some regards. The reason? This is the internet, and people do/say things on the internet they should not do/say in real life. Therefore, protecting my blog from said outrages is my primary concern. I want this to be a friendly sanctuary for writers, not a hot spot for arguments.
- Yes, okay, fine, I’m pretty much the sole moderator, so it sorta is my blog specifically, but I work on making sure that everyone has a chance to write for this blog if they wish to. When it comes to submitted pieces, new writer submissions take priority, followed by order of submissions.
- We have fun! I’ll often throw fun activities out there, such as roleplays, contests, polls…whatever! If you’re not having fun, the entire point of you being here is sorta out the window. Let me know if you have any ideas for how to make things more interesting!
So that’s the Nexus in a nutshell. Full rules will be posted at some point, as will be a variety of things. Again, though, I don’t have the time to do all that right now.
Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay!